Things have been crazy busy lately. School keeps me occupied most of the day, every day. I started my babysitting job. It started out a little rough, but the next time was great, and I think from here on out, things are gonna be really good. I'm excited to be part of these little girls' lives. They are precious.
I am applying for Psi Chi (Psychology National Honor Society) at school and a camp counselor job for the summer. I don't know if I want to work all summer or take classes.
A couple of wonderful ladies gave me a new Bible. It is a NIV Study Bible and it is really really nice. I am so thankful for these ladies who are investing in my life.
A couple things I wanted to share . . .
First, from My Utmost for His Highest, there was a sentence at the end I really liked. It read, "One of the most amazing revelations of God comes to us when we learn that it is in the everyday things of life that we realize the magnificent deity of Jesus Christ." I feel like I take so much for granted in day to day life, when really, Jesus is right there with us in our daily routine, and it is because of Him we are even able to live our daily lives.
When we sin, no matter how big or how little, God is present. He is right there and He sees us and He knows what we are going to do before we ever do it. But when we sin, we break His heart. But it doesn't matter if you lust, steal, cheat, or what, if we repent and ask for forgiveness, He will give it to us. So I've been reading about His forgiveness for a few days and I wanted to share from Psalm 103. It is so encouraging to me and I hope it will be to you as well.
"Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. O Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins." Psalm 103
And on that note, I am off to bed!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

good stuff...just what i needed to hear. looking forward to talking to you tomorrow. love you buddy.
ReplyDelete